The Berwyn Mountains UFO - A Cosmic Crash?

In his book “Cosmic Crashes” (1999), Nick Redfern tells of a UFO crashing into the North Wales Mountains.

In a chilling echo of the infamous Roswell Incident in New Mexico, scores of troops were dispatched on a secret mission to recover the wreckage. One soldier, (under the pseudonym) James Prescott, was ordered to Llandderfel with four others and loaded two oblong boxes into their armoured truck. They then ferried the bodies back to the Chemical and Biological Defence Establishment at Porton Down near Salisbury, Wilts, under strict orders not to stop for anything.

But by the time of the publication of Dr. David Clarke and Andy Roberts’ book “Out of the Shadows” in 2002, Redfern began to flip flop and in an interview with Richard Thomas said :

“I was of the opinion that a UFO had come down, then I changed my mind after reading the research of Andy Roberts. However, I still get accounts now and again from locals and retired military people (all from RAF Valley, interestingly enough) of knowledge of bodies recovered and taken to Porton Down, Wiltshire. So, I'll be the first to admit that, today, it's one that continues to puzzle me. On the one hand, I am convinced that Andy has solved massive parts of the story. But, on the other hand, it's difficult to dismiss the testimony of the military people who have accounts to relate, and nothing to gain by spreading a false story. I think, though, that we have not heard the last of the case by any means!”

The mainstay of the crash story revolves around a military officer who leaked the information under the pseudonym "James Prescott" to another researcher Tony Dodd.

.....Retired police sergeant and UFO researcher Tony Dodd said he spoke with the British Army source, to whom he gave the pseudonym “James Prescott." Prescott informed Dodd that in January 1974 he was stationed at an Army barracks in the south of England. “I cannot name my unit or barracks as they are still operational,” said Prescott, adding that on the night of 18 January, his unit was put on “stand-by to move north at short notice."

Twenty-four hours later, the unit was directed to make its way towards the English city of Birmingham and then “received orders to proceed with speed towards North Wales."

On arrival at Llangollen, North Wales on the night of 20 January, Prescott said, the unit noticed a great deal of “ground and air activity” in the area. Extraordi- nary events were unfolding. But it was shortly after l 1:30 p.m., by Tony Dodd's account, when things really began to take shape.

Prescott told him: “We, that is myself and four others, were ordered to go to Llandderfel and were under strict orders not to stop for any civilians." The team soon reached Llandderfel, whereupon they were ordered to load two large oblong boxes into their vehicle: “We were at this time warned not to open the boxes, but to proceed to [the Chemical and Biological Defence Establishment at] Porton Down Wiltshire, England] and deliver the boxes.“

A number of hours later, they reached Porton Down and the mysterious cargo was quickly taken inside the facility. The staff at Porton allegedly opened the boxes while Prescott and the others looked on. Inside the boxes, to Prescott’s amazement, were “two creatures which had been placed inside decontamination suits." The Porton staff then began the careful task of opening the suits.

Said Prescott: “When the suits were fully opened it was obvious the creatures were not of this world and, when examined, were found to be dead. What I saw in the boxes that day made me change my whole concept of life. “The bodies were about five to six feet tall, humanoid in shape, but so thin they looked almost skeletal with a covering skin. Although I did not see a craft at the scene of the recovery, I was informed that a large craft had crashed and was recovered by other military units.” According to Prescott, his team were not the only ones to transport bodies from the crash site:

“Sometime later we joined up with other elements of our unit, who informed us that they had also transported bodies of ‘alien beings’ to Porton Down, but said that their cargo was still alive." Prescott added that this was “the only time I was ever involved in anything of this nature. This event took place many years ago and l am now retired from the Armed Forces”.

Source : Click Here and go to p174

Continue Reading »