Rendlesham UFO : John Burroughs Statement

Halt's memo seems to indicate that the events occurred over one night (or a night and early morning). When even a little bit of investigation proves that there were at least 2 separate incidents around 24 hours or more apart.

Now if only this had been the end of the incident. However this memo was not sent to the UK Ministry of Defence until mid January 1981 when the incident had began early in the morning of the 26th of December 1980. A minor discrepancy? Maybe?

But as the story unfolds more and more discrepancies have appeared.
Let's see what some of the witnesses of the first encounter on the 26th December 1980 said about the incident.

John Burroughs was one of the three airmen who left the airbase to investigate the strange lights. This would now be the early hours of the 26th December 1980.

“On the night of 25-26 Dec at around 3:00, while on patrol down at East Gate, myself and my partner saw lights coming from the woods due east of the gate. The lights were red and blue, the red one above the blue one, and they were flashing on and off. Because I've never seen anything like that coming from the woods before we decided to drive down and see what it was. We went down east-gate road and took a right at the stop sign and drove about 10-20 yards to where there is a road that goes into the forest. I could see a white light shining into the trees and I could still see the red and blue one. We decided we better go call it in so we went back up towards East Gate and called it in. The whole time I could see the lights and the white light was almost at the edge of the road and the blue and red lights were still out in the woods. A security unit was sent down to the gate and when they got there they could see it too. We asked permission to go and see what it was. We took the truck down the road that leads into the forest.

As we went down the east-gate road and the road that leads into the forest, the lights were moving back and they appeared to stop in a bunch of trees. We stopped the truck where the road stopped and went on foot. We crossed a small open field that let into where the lights were coming from, and as we were coming into the trees there were strange noises, like a woman screaming. Also the woods lit up and you could hear the farm animals making a lot of noises, and there was a lot of movement in the woods. All three of us hit the ground and whatever it was started moving back towards the open field and after a minute or two we got up and moved into the trees and the lights moved out into the open field. We got up to a fence that separated the trees from the open field.

You could see the lights down by a farmer's house. We climbed over the fence and started walking toward the red and blue lights and they just disappeared. Once we reached the farmer's house we could see a beacon going around, so we went toward it. We followed it for about 2 miles before we could see it was coming from a lighthouse. We had just passed a creak and were told to come back when we saw a blue light to our left in the trees. It was only there for a minute and just streaked away. After that we didn't see anything and returned to the truck.”

To view the sketch Burroughs made click here

Continue Reading »